Everyone should want a roof over their heads that doesn’t leak or have damage problems. If leaks or damage do occur, it is helpful and comforting to have the best home warranty California coverage in addition to homeowner’s insurance. It is important to be protected from roof damage.
What are the Types of Roof Warranties?
First, there is a manufacturer’s warranty on roofing materials. This covers any defects in the roofing materials used and it typically lasts 25 years or more, depending on the type of materials used.
Second, there is the roofer’s warranty. This will cover any defects in workmanship in the roofing installation that may contribute to leaks or roof failure.
Does My Homeowner’s Insurance Cover Roof Damage?
It is essential to protect the value of your home by purchasing good homeowner’s insurance. However, homeowner’s insurance only covers roof leaks and damage if the cause is due to hail, wind, or fire damage. Leaks due to age, normal wear and tear, and rot are not covered. Further, many homeowner’s insurance policies only cover the full repair or replacement cost of damaged roofs if the roof is less than 10 years old. After that point, only the depreciated value of the roof may be covered.
An excellent resource to provide general coverage and relieve stress and painful expense is a home warranty California plan that covers roof damage.
Why You Need a Home Warranty
A home warranty California plan covers certain home appliances and systems, and the best home warranty California coverage will also cover roof damage. A home warranty only covers damage caused by everyday wear and tear, so it is a perfect compliment to homeowner’s insurance that covers damage caused by catastrophes.
Home warranty California coverage makes sense because:
- It is a fairly inexpensive way to deal with unexpected repair bills, some of which can be major, such as replacing a furnace or air conditioning system.
- It saves time and energy in getting things fixed. The warranty company shoulders the task of securing licensed technicians and repair contractors to ensure that repairs are done right and done in the shortest time possible.
- It helps with budgeting because you don’t have to fret over unexpected repairs.
- Having a home warranty California makes a home more appealing to future buyers if you decide to sell and move at some point.
How to Maintain Your Roof
Having home warranty and roof warranty in California requires maintaining the roof, systems, and appliances that are covered. For a roof that means:
Cleaning out the gutters.
Replacing missing or broken shingles.
- Keeping the roof clean.
- Trimming nearby tree branches to avoid damage.
Choose Proven California Home Warranty Expertise
Contact HomeGuard HomeWarranty, Inc. for the best home warranty in California. We offer a wide range of coverages with reliable protection through pride and integrity. We provide peace of mind for California, Arizona, and Nevada homeowners.