Roof warranty? Appliance Coverage? Are You Covered?
Sooner or later, the items you rely on most — your HVAC system, roof and appliances — will require repairs or replacement. These essential items can malfunction or quit working, especially if they are older or used frequently. You can save money, time and aggravation if you are ready for potential home repairs and replacements.
Prepare for Problems
You can prepare ahead of time to repair or replace essential items without stress and downtime with these steps:
- Create a list of essential items that might require repairs or replacement, including your roof, HVAC system and major appliances.
- Determine the average lifespan and repair and replacement costs of your essential items.
- Start a dedicated “Home Repairs” bank account to save money for unexpected and scheduled repairs and replacement costs.
- Make sure to follow maintenance guidelines so items can reach their maximum lifespan.
- Invest in a quality home warranty for items not covered by homeowner insurance.
Keep Track of Probable Lifespans and Replacement Costs
Below are average lifespans and replacement costs for essential items in your home.
- Roofing System: Asphalt shingles – 15-30 years ($5,443 – $11,206). Check your roofing system owner documentation to determine the status of your roof warranty in California.
- HVAC System: Furnace – 20 to 30 years ( $2,150 – $5,900) / Central Air Conditioner – 12-17 years ($3,811 – $7,480). Check your furnace or air conditioner owner documentation to determine the status of your HVAC coverage in California.
- Appliances: Washing machine – 13 years / Dryer – 13 years / Refrigerator – 13 years / Range – 14 years / Dishwasher – 9 years. (Repairs or replacements can run anywhere from several hundred dollars to $1,000.) Check each item’s owner documentation and receipts to determine each item’s appliance coverage in California.
Keep in mind these averages may differ depending on variables such as maintenance habits, wear and tear, purchase locations, size, brand, materials, and features.
Invest in a Dependable Home Warranty
A home warranty can become a lifesaver for items not covered by homeowner insurance. For example, with HomeGuard HomeWarranty, you will always know your deductibles and appliance coverage in California. There are no surprises. With HomeGuard HomeWarranty HVAC coverage in California, your heating and cooling system will work year-round, rain or shine. And a HomeGuard HomeWarranty roof warranty in California can also protect you from the financial worry of repairing a damaged roof.
Home Warranty, Roof Warranty, Appliance Coverage and More – Home Warranty Experts
Contact HomeGuard HomeWarranty today to find out how we can ensure your home and budget are ready for any emergency repair or replacement your home may need.